When taking action against this pest, cutting off sources of shelter is essential, as they cannot survive as part of a large population when they have little space to raise their young or create nests.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A PROBLEM WITH MICE? You may see what look like little grains of black rice. These are mouse droppings and they are a clear sign that you have a problem. Gnaw marks on food or surfaces.
Mice have tails that are as long as their bodies
A mouse can jump down 12 feet without hurting itself
Mice can run up any vertical surface including wood, brick, sheet metal, cables and pipes
Mice will gather food and then store it for later use
SIGNS OF MICE INFESTATION
Popular indications that you may have a mouse infestation problem include:
- Droppings – mice produce a large amount of faeces which is small and dark and can be scattered where they’ve been so check your cupboards and surfaces.
- Smear marks – they have regular routes and will leave dirty marks behind them.
- Significant damage to goods, such as holes and gnaw marks – mice chew anything and everything.
- Urine pillars – up to 4 cm high can be created by these tiny creatures if in a high infestation.
- Nests – mice reproduce up to 10 times a year so nests are an important part of their life cycle. They use shredded soft materials such as paper and card to make their nests in places like lofts, cavity walls, behind fridges, washing machines etc or under floorboards.
- Noise – being nocturnal by nature means that you’re likely to hear them scurrying about at night when your house is quiet.
- Smell – along with droppings, mice produce a lot of urine which has a strong ammonia smell and can often lead you to where they are located.
Environmental Pest Solutions
We are here to help, If you think you have a problem with mice,
use our contact page for any enquiry.
Call us on 083 0122391 fora free quote.
Our technicians are trained to thehighest standards.
Our low cost pest solutionsbut delivering quality services.
We are proud to be Registeredin Ireland.
We service the whole ofIreland.
Irelands Premier Pest Control Solution
Follow Us On